Monday, October 15, 2007

AidsSkate 2007




Lisa and I worked the annual AidsWalk at the U yesterday. I wish that I'd taken my roller skates, particularly after seeing that the Tucson Roller Derby girls (above) were there.

L. did it as part of her day job with Access Tucson, and I did it because I love her and she asked me to, and what am I going to do on a Sunday without her, anyway? Also, it doesn't hurt that we both consider it a worthy cause and community event.

And there's free food.

This is the second year we've worked on it together. Lisa coordinates everything it takes to video-cover the event... and I get to run around and shoot stills of whatever interests me. I can handle that.

Even if it involves getting up at 4 a.m. Or a lot earlier if you're Lisa. Who had been flat on her back with the flu all day Saturday. OMG.

I took about 300 pictures, nothing that I thought was above average, unfortunately. But in downloading them yesterday, I made a series of blunders that lead to my erasing them all, effectively cancelling out the 5+ hours I'd put into taking them.

Lisa was wonderful, very supportive, and kept me from jumping off the roof until I remembered that my IT friend Chris Kemberling had the tools and the know-how to restore them. Hallelujah.

And, (to continue in a Biblical vein) so it came to pass. Thanks, Chris!

And thank God Lisa's better. She'd be fine if she weren't going on working a 12-hour day today. :-/

No comments: