Tuesday, September 4, 2007

As far as I could stretch it....



Well, all the lumber from my old paintings has been used, recycled into lawn furniture. My whole philosophy has been what I refer to as The Madras Explanation: The chubs and apparent defects in this product are a natural byproduct of the handmade process, and are therefore features, not defects.

In other words, it's funky, get over it....

I came out almost even.

Lisa said she'd heard an interview with Del Webb, who said that when he started building houses, he and his men got the game down so well they could cart off all of the leftovers in a 5-gallon bucket.

I didn't have that much.

Building furniture was kind of fun. Using recycled materials appeals to me. As I was working on it, my mind got off and running on the idea that maybe I could build a business around this and make a buck. What could I call it?


I kind of liked "Sow's Ear Furniture." No silk purses here, I'm not even trying.

"Let It Be Furniture" has a certain bundle of connotations that I find appealing. And I could answer the phone," Let It Be...."

No comments: