Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hubris

Six letters, heavy word. A friend dropped it on me today.

The footnote when I read the classics in college, dubbed hubris "overweening pride."


It was the downfall of lots of Greek guys who were greater than I can ever hope to be. Heroes. Warriors. Kings.


But I guess that doesn't make me exempt.


I had written a friend, thinking she might enjoy my blog.

She wrote: "I saw it once... I'll be truthful.... I feel some personal things don't need to be put out there on the internet where they could hurt people. It's a bit too much hubris for my taste."

Whew! Got it. I thanked her for being straight with me. Whew!
My brother had me read Boomeritis. Is there a theme going here?


(Full moon in Aries tonight. Good time for starting new things, turning over new leaves.)


I looked at my blog again, and she has a point. One could easily get the impression from it that I'm pretty self satisfied, even smug. And there are those I've encouraged to read the blog who, I can now see, may be hurt by some parts. Hmmmm. Sorry. Really. And please, forgive me for being insensitive.

Guess I hadn't thought it through. Guess I'll think it through.


One thing I'm going to do right away. I'm going to rewrite my Bio. If you're reading this, it's changed.


We'll see if I do. :-/

No comments: